The conference aims to promote research and practice in visual literacies and visual technologies in teaching, learning and inclusion (Erasmus + project) by:
* bringing together teachers, trainers and researchers to exchange experiences of teaching;
* encouraging cross-disciplinary exchange of knowledge and practice;
* promoting discussion between researchers;
* supporting educators from any educational setting (informal, formal, schools, higher education and training) to exchange knowledge and network;
* disseminating the outcomes of the CIELL project – teaching resources including a mobile app for students learning to structure the writing of an essay;
* promoting pedagogies that accommodate learner needs in an inclusive manner.
The focus of the conference includes:
* Use of comics and graphic novels in education;
* Supporting inclusion with visual literacy & visual technologies in education;
* Cultural differences in visual literacy and use of visual technologies in education;
* Accessibility issues in visual communication in education;
* Education with new visual technologies (such as virtual and augmented reality);
* Theory and practice in the use of visual technologies in distance, online and flexible learning;
* Case studies of visual learning;
* Evaluations of tools for visual learning;
* Inclusive perspectives on technology-enhanced learning;
* Theoretical issues around inclusive and democratic teaching practices.
Central European Time (GMT +1) / Title / Presenters
10-10.30 Welcome & Comics for Inclusive English Language Learning | Dr Julie-Ann Sime & Dr Chryssa Themelis, Lancaster University, UK
10.30 – 11.00 The CIELL Mobile App* | Dr Sebastian Honert, Friedrich-Alexander Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany.
11-11.30 Visuallising the CIELL essays | Eleni Tsampra, AKTO, Greece
11.30-12 Voices heard in the development of the CIELL App | Dr Shaunna Joannidou, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
12 – 12.30 Break
12.30 – 13.30 Workshop. Using Comics for Inclusive English Language Learning and the Development of Reading and Writing Skills | Prof. Judit Kormos, Lancaster University, UK.
14.30- 15.30 Workshop. Inquiry Graphics pedagogy: A framework to integrate graphics and visual media in language teaching-learning practices | Dr Natasa Lackovic, Lancaster University, UK.
15.30-16.00 Theorising the visual literacies of augmented reality: a semiotic framework for supporting collaborative learning | Dr Zoe Hurley, Zayed University, UAE.
16.00 – 16.30 Sketching literacy: Teaching through the cognitive connections between literacy and design | Prof. Kirk St Amant, Louisiana Tech University, LA, USA.
Dr. Iris Wunder
Click here for free registration <https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=weS8zRDPZ0etxkl9QVkmUlUjv_LwnrZAsMFVJcR85spUMk9YWE4yWVY2WDNOWFlKMTJDMkFPU0tWUi4u>